Better Living Center
Client Eligibility Requirements
* We will serve anyone in need with an emergency food basket on a first time basis. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, marital status, or from being a recipient of federal, state, or local public assistance, or is a disabled veteran. We do reserve the right to refuse service to a client deemed a danger to other clients or to the volunteers.
* The BLC shall provide monthly emergency food assistance to individuals and families in need from within our stated boundaries. If a client does not live within the stated boundaries they will be referred to the food bank closest to them.
* The BLC collects client service data, including a count of people served by age group, ethnicity, special dietary needs, and pounds of food distributed.
* Each client must bring with them each time:
- Washington State/Government issued picture ID with birth date on it - Proof of current address (something dated within the last 30 days) such as: - A piece of mail with name, address and post mark. - A signed, dated and addressed rent receipt. - A lease within the last 30 days. - Government issued documents dated in the last 30 days with name and address on it.
* Each client receiving TEFAP/EFAP foods must live within our food bank assigned boundaries. The city of Spokane in the county of Spokane, Washington State.
- 1600 North (Mission) to 6300 North (Francis) - 900 West (Monroe) to 1300 East (Perry). - The only exceptions to this is if you belong to a Seventh-day Adventist church within Spokane county and have a letter from the pastor of the church.
* Each client household must have someone over 18 who picks up the food. If a client picks up food for another client, then both photo ID's must be present along with both proofs of addresses.
* The BLC does not require payment from clients for food received.
* The BLC does not require participation in a religious service as a condition for receiving emergency food assistance.
* The BLC shall treat all clients with dignity
What requirements do I have to meet to get food from the Better Living Center?
You must: * Live with in our designated area. 99207 West of Perry 99208 South of Francis 99205 North of Montgomery and East of Monroe
* There is no income requirement unless you want a Senior Box, WIC, or TEFAP,
* Official government issued Photo ID
* Something dated with in the last 30 days with your current address, and name on it, such as a piece of mail, rent receipt, lease, or pay check.